Thursday, July 28, 2011

Master Plan Phase 1

Borrowing a line from Fantastic Mr Fox.  For today, after 7 months in, I have made it in print.  The local newspaper: newjerseyhills.com, has begun running a monthly music column by yours truly.  Nevermind there is no money involved.  The fact that I put the pen down for 15 years and came back to it with some success is the moral of the story, right?  I will post the link when it becomes available.  I know you can't wait.

This prompted me to start a Facebook fan page.  Please go to Guide to Somewhere and become a fan.  Also, I can be followed at Suburbandad23 on Twitter.  The more folks connect the less likely I am to curl up in a fetal position.  Although that can never really be ruled out.

I have not forgotten the letter E, which I will write about tomorrow.  I am planning to devote this weeks music article on Mark Everett and his band, Eels.  I will be in Williamsburg (Brooklyn!!) on Saturday to see him.  He is without question one of my favorites and deserves an entire column.

For now I am off to watch Championship Under 10 Softball.  I am very proud of my daughter and all her teammates for fighting off early adversity and making it to the final game.  She is already dressed and eye blacked for her game in 3 hours.  The excitement she has displayed the past few days is contagious.  This after hearing earlier she is fighting an ear infection.

No worries, she would not miss it for anything.

Thanks for all the support and I will catch up with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment